My husband and I lead very busy lives. We both work full time with children & families, we are involved in our church, we have a three year old son and somehow we still find the time to volunteer, see friends, work on our individual projects and hobbies, further our educations/careers and spend time together as a family. Of course, we don’t get as much sleep as we used to and God knows that if our calendars weren’t synced, our daily lives would be a total mess. But we make it work.
I was kind of spoiled my first few months working with my NF (nanny family). My first few weeks, I worked 12-5 followed by a nice two week Christmas vacation. And up until April, I was working 10:30-5. This meant that me, my husband and PAC Man could all get up and get ready for our day together and leave together. Man, do I miss our mornings. Now that I work 9-5, I have a bit of wife/mommy guilt and I feel like I’m missing out on family time. Nevertheless, I have to go to work. But I’m never worried. I have THE BEST husband ever! He is always right there when I need him. And he is such a great father and role model for PAC Man. Over the last weeks, he has been so flexible and supportive of me and the things I have been doing and I just wanted him to know that I really appreciate it all!
Today, I want to take some time to share a few things that I want my husband to know.
- How I describe you to others: handsome, very intelligent, passionate, caring, charming, funny & selfless
- Getting out of bed and leaving you in the morning is very, very hard for me.
- I LOVE watching Drumline with you. It makes me feel like I’m married to a movie star ;)
- You make me laugh like no one else in the world!
- I constantly take pictures of you and Preston because I want him to always know how much you love him.
- The more we talk about adoption, the more I want to do it :)
- I really want to give you a daughter :) Not right now though.
- I love when you cook! You make the best bbq, lasagna and sweet potato pie!
- At the beginning of the year I started a list of daily things you did to make me smile. After only two weeks, I realized this task was taking up a lot of my time because you are usually doing just that :) I still have some of my notes :)
- I am so grateful for a mate that puts me and our son above everything else in this world. Being a wife and mother means the everything to me. I am proud to be a Collins woman. You are the only person who truly knows me and I’m so blessed to share this life with you.
What do you want your spouse to know?